As organizations continue to search for the best way to manage their changing technology landscapes and increased development complexity, one popular method of managing large-scale projects is becoming more and more prevalent: SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework). Developed by industry thought leaders at Scaled Agile, Inc., it’s a proven framework that helps organizations apply Lean-Agile software practices on an enterprise level. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at what SAFe® is, how it works, and why it’s become such an invaluable asset in the modern business world.
What is the SAFe® Framework?
SAFe® is a popular framework used to enable organizations achieve their goals through Agile and Lean practices. It provides guidance on the industry’s best practices and enables companies to deliver value more reliably and efficiently. SAFe®, which stands for Scaled Agile Framework, is designed to give an organization a board structure that makes it easier to scale up its processes in line with customer demands.
It is recognized as the most successful scaling framework available, providing a stable platform for implementing innovative digital transformation initiatives across departments. With its powerful yet easy-to-use set of tools and guidelines, SAFe® allows organizations of all sizes to increase their agility from the team to the enterprise level so they can quickly adapt to changing marketplace dynamics and customer needs.
10 Benefits of SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Increased Efficiency: SAFe® provides a comprehensive set of tools and processes that allow teams to work together more efficiently, enabling them to deliver high-quality products and services rapidly.
- Reduced Risk: By establishing standardized practices and processes, the risk associated with large, complex projects is significantly reduced. This allows organizations to focus on delivering value instead of managing risks.
- Improved Collaboration: The framework encourages collaboration between all levels of the organization by providing guidelines for working effectively together. This can lead to improved morale and better communication within the team and across multiple departments and divisions.
- Enhanced Visibility: With standardized processes in place, it’s easier for managers to track progress, identify problems, and take corrective action. This helps organizations remain agile and competitive in today’s rapidly changing market.
- Increased Agility: By establishing a set of practices for rapid response to changing customer needs, SAFe® enables organizations to respond to the market and adjust their strategy accordingly quickly.
- Improved Quality: The framework encourages teams to focus on quality throughout the development process rather than just at the end. This can lead to fewer defects and a better product or service experience.
- Reduced Costs: With standardized processes in place, companies can reduce overhead costs associated with managing multiple projects simultaneously. This helps to get things done easily when you have a tight budget for a particular project.
- Scalability: Because SAFe® is designed as a scalable framework, it can easily be adapted to suit different organizations and projects, no matter how large or complex.
- Increased Productivity: By focusing on value rather than tasks, teams can stay focused on the goal at hand and increase their productivity. This helps organizations to better manage their employees.
- Enhanced Learning: The framework encourages continual learning and improvement by providing a structure for experimentation and knowledge sharing between teams. This allows teams to quickly adapt to changing customer needs and market trends.
SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) Principles
SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) is a type of approach for implementing Lean-Agile development at enterprise scale. It recognizes that large, complex projects require a framework of principles to be successful, and provides guidance in this regard with the four SAFe® core principles: align, focus, accelerate and deliver.
By having an aim to build high-performing teams that can deliver value quickly and safely, SAFe® helps enterprises overcome the challenges of working in a dynamic environment while maintaining effective governance structures. As such, SAFe® encourages companies to embrace change and continuously improve their process so they can be both agile and efficient.
SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) and Agile
SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is an excellent system for utilizing agile methodology on a large, corporate scale. Rather than a single product manager trying to manage the agile design process alone, SAFe® allows for multiple teams to work collaboratively in the same environments. This takes into account both the speed and agility of typical agile projects but increases the efficiency even further with collaboration in resources and manpower.
With rapid learning cycles and frequent feedback communication, startups can use this method to quickly get products out while small corporations can create larger products more efficiently. SAFe® has also been proven to reduce development efforts by 25-50%, as well as deliver 40% higher productivity –making it an ideal alternative to the traditional model-based approaches such as Waterfall.
Why SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework)?
As the modern workplace evolves, companies need a system that can keep up with change and ensure teams stay on track. SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) is a popular framework that provides an efficient and reliable way to do just this. Developed by industry experts, its customizable structure allows companies to tailor it to their own unique environments for maximum effectiveness in regularly changing conditions.
It also helps organizations scale their work quickly and reliably across multiple departments or geographical locations, so businesses of any size can enjoy the benefits of working agile. Thanks to its scalability, companies can trust that SAFe® will keep up as businesses grow and change over time.
Best SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework) Certifications
With the ever-evolving landscape of agile software development, having certifications in SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) can make a major difference in keeping up with the competitive industry. Many SAFe certifications exist to provide education and expertise on the subject; however, some are more paramount than others.
For example, those certified as SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs) are uniquely qualified to lead large-scale agile transformations. These experts provide Agilist knowledge and training for individual teams and organizations, bringing about an organizational understanding of both the SAFe® framework and how it can be applied to develop better products more efficiently.
Moreover, through Certified SAFe® 4 Agilist credentials, practitioners can become educated on the implementation and execution of the core aspect of scaling agile practices across various areas. Here are some of the best SAFe certifications available online.
Implementing SAFe® 5.1 (SPC Certification)
SAFe® 5.1 provides teams with the necessary information to function effectively in an Agile environment. As an SPC certification, it demonstrates leadership and expertise in using this framework which is essential for businesses looking to increase delivery speed and productivity from their development teams.
By leveraging agile practices, SAFe® SPC Certification helps teams coordinate activities to ensure timely execution and that quality software is developed in short feedback loops giving customers exactly what they need when they need it. In other words, it is a business strategy enabling organizations to unlock greater agility through effective team operation and product delivery excellence.
SAFe® Release Train Engineer Training (RTE Certification)
Learning the basics of scaling Agile can help organizations boost their productivity and reduce development costs. Acquiring SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certification is one way to do this, allowing participants to gain in-depth knowledge and experience vital for becoming effective Release Train Engineers. The curriculum includes key topics like roles & responsibilities, program execution, Agile leadership, DevOps culture, facilitating a Release Planning event, and more.
By taking the SAFe RTE course, professionals can become part of an established network of Agile thought leaders working together to create high-performing teams through learning the practices and principles covered in training. Companies are guaranteed to benefit from those who have achieved RTE Certification as they bring greater value to teams embracing agility at scale.
SAFe Scrum Master 5.1 Training (SSM Certification)
Obtaining the SAFe Scrum Master 5.1 certification is an excellent first step for anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of Scrum and agile development methodologies. The comprehensive training provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of the framework and provides insight into best practices when using it to manage software development projects.
With SSM certification, professionals will be equipped with the skills necessary to effectively manage and guide teams while minimizing disruption caused by changes or expanding the scope of work. Certified individuals gain knowledge that can help them achieve their professional goals with increased efficiency and productivity. Furthermore, employers seek those certified in SAFe Scrum Master 5.1 due to its acknowledgment as an essential qualification to becoming a successful Scrum Master.
Attaining such certifications certainly from AgileFever helps professionals remain abreast of practices necessary for meeting the increasing demands of clients globally in the agile world. By earning one or more of these certifications, individuals demonstrate their commitment to improving organizational performance through successful agile transformations at scale. These certifications provide a comprehensive foundation for adopting and leading successful agile transformations at scale.
With a comprehensive course list, we ensure you receive the most up-to-date information about the framework and its components so that you can confidently apply it to your organization’s needs.